Wednesday 11 November 2009

Halloween

This is a little late, but a few weeks ago my wife and I had a Halloween party for her students (she teaches elementary school kids). We do this every year and the children really seem to enjoy it.

We played games based around Halloween characters and gave out sweets (candy). My wife also came up with the idea of a Halloween piñata (pictured above). The piñata is originally from Mexico and is a paper shape usually filled with candy. The children hit the piñata to break it and the sweets fall out. You can read more about piñata here.

Halloween is a big event in America but is actually not that popular in the UK. My wife and I only started celebrating the event since coming to Japan. The roots of Halloween are however from the UK. It is a pretty interesting history and you can read more about it here.

Click here to read a full report about our party from my wife's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment