Thursday 23 May 2013

Chibi's ワン-Point English: Abyssinia, Chibiチャン (April 1, 1998〜May 22, 2013)

Hi everyone,

I am sorry that it has been such a long time since I've given you advice. The truth is that I was diagnosed with cancer (がんと診断された) earlier this year and died yesterday morning. I was 15 years old. According to the vet (獣医さんによると), I was 93 in human years. I have asked Alan to write this final blog entry for me. In it I want to teach you some words and phrases related to death.
  • Chibi died on May 22nd. (ちびチャンは5月22日に死にました。) 
  • Chibi passed away on May 22nd. (ちびチャンは5月22日に亡くなりました。)
  • His family held a wake for him last night. (昨夜、家族が彼の通夜を行いました。)
  • His funeral was held today. (彼の葬式は今日行われました。)
  • He was cremated. (彼は火葬されました。)
When someone passes away, we often say 「(心より)お悔やみ申し上げます。」in Japanese. In English, we use the phrase "Please accept my (heartfelt) condolences."

It was a pleasure teaching you English for the past several years. Take care and good luck with your future studies. I have to go now, my brother Maru-chan is calling me . . .

From Heaven with Love,

Chibi






2 comments:

  1. Thank you!chibi-chan
    I was able to read the blog happily.
    I don't forget you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness, Akiko. Good luck at E-Style!

      Delete